Recently I was in the mood for a good steak and since it was on sale, I decided to pick some up. People tend to get intimidated and think that the only way to get a good steak is to visit your local steakhouse but in reality all that’s needed is a cast iron skillet, steak seasoning, a trace amount of grapeseed oil, and some butter to top it off! Follow these steps for a great steak that will be on par with any five star steakhouse but only cost you a fraction of the price!
- Heavily season the steak as you see fit. You can use a store brand seasoning or you can create our own by blending salt, pepper, oregano, etc.
- Start heating our cast iron skillet and after one minute, pour a small amount of grapeseed oil that’s enough to cover the surface of the skillet.
- Wait until the oil starts to smoke and immediately place your steak in the center of the skillet.
- Cook the steak for 4 minutes on one side and then flip it over.
- Continue cooking the steak for an additional 2 minutes. At this point, add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and use a spoon to gather the melted butter and pour over the steak for 1 minute.
- Pick up the steak and sear all edges before removing (approx. 15 seconds).
- Let the steak sit for 10 minutes which will allow for the juices to abosrb back into the meat
- Serve and enjoy!
The finished product: